Monday, 14 May 2012

Written by the Spirit

At the weekend I went to a creative writing conference organised by a local Anglican church in a perhaps surprising partnership with Bethel, Redding, California. The teaching content included story writing, word & image, song writing and testimony. There were some fairly exhilarating times of worship as well.



It was definitely an inspirational event. I went along hoping to get some song writing ideas, but got motivated in several other directions. Conferences often have that effect. So while I may have left with a bundle of new ideas, the main thing is that I pursue God - and find out where my creativity fits in with His kingdom.

Conference speaker Pam Spinosi and Rev. Richard Spencer talk about the conference in a BBC Radio Shropshire interview you can hear here.

No comments: