Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Common worship leading mistakes

I was pleased to see that the folks at Christian.co.uk have published a list that contains a prime number of entries! It's satisfying when they don't just go for a "top ten". So here we have 17 common worship leading mistakes to avoid.

I think I've experienced (and been responsible for) most of them, although I'm not sure I've ever seen a "worship crash", which sounds like the title of a David Crowder album.

Setting songs in the right pitch is crucial. Most mainstream worship song writers seem to have supernaturally augmented vocal ranges. The article suggests that the average range of a woman is five semitones below that of a man (up an octave, of course). Can anyone confirm that? I previously thought it was about two semitones. Would be useful to know.

No comments: