Sunday, 13 February 2011

The Worship Files: top years

The graph below shows the amount of songs from each year that I have included in my big worship file.















In 1995 there must have been some kind of annointing on worship song-writers. Basically, this shows that, on average, four songs will be written each year that will make it into my "keepers" list (and one of those four will be written by Matt Redman). A "keeper" is a song that I will continue to use indefinitely in coprorate worship times; one that I think will stand the test of time.

I'm not discounting all the other worship songs that get written every year. Some are great to sing in church for a season, others are fantastic to listen to, and I have a whole other file of songs that I'll still use for personal worship. But eventually most songs get left behind - in terms of church worship times - while tunes like "My Jesus, my Saviour" are still doing the rounds.

No comments: