Monday, 10 January 2011

Resolvage

As promised, here's a summary of my new year's resolutions. I'd like to point out that I don't see the new year as being a particularly significant time, and that it's just as good to make mid-April resolutions (or, in fact, better, as you don't tend to be as ambitious in mid-April as you are on January 1st). But I've been resolving over the last week or two and here's what I've come up with:

1) Learn to drive. This has been on my list for donkeys yonks. Time I actually got round to it.

2) Be more sincere. I wouldn't describe myself as a flippant, irrational person, but there are times when I think I should stop trying to be comic and just say it how it is. Ee jee, when you're impressed by someone's effort at, say, painting, it's easy to say "that's rubbish" in a way that they know you're joking and you think the opposite. But it's probably more encouraging to them to just say "that's great".

3) Get up earlier. I often find myself wishing there were more hours in the day, and I always knew this was the solution, but it's hard to implement. So I'm going to try getting up at 7am every week-day and see what happens. If any farmers or milkmen read my blog I'm in for a ribbing.

No comments: