Tuesday, 9 November 2010

How to honour Christ

I can think of a few better ways than this











The above is now apparently the world's tallest Jesus. That's only if you include the mound he's standing on though, so I'm not convinced. Nor am I convinced that it resembles Jesus, or that it pleases Him much to see the crowds gawking at it and then going home to carry on living unchanged lives.

The saddest thing is this quote from a local priest: "I have never been as happy as I am today," Rev Zawadzki, aged 78, said. "This is the culmination of my life's work as a priest."

If everything Mr. Z worked for was building up to the construction of a very large statue, then I'm worried for the Polish church. The annoying thing is that no-one will ever be able to knock it down without being labelled the anti-Christ.

No comments: