Saturday, 17 April 2010

Election research (4)

So, voteforpolicies.org told me I should be voting Green, but I don't want to take their word for it. In fact, being told how to vote by a third party - hang on, that sounds confusing - lets say a third shindig, even if they are independent, makes me want to do the opposite.

So, another third party, sorry, third shindig online tool that excavates political views from the spaghetti of your brain is votematch.

The results are based on compatability rather than preference, so you end up with a more balanced score at the end. My results were different this time, but much closer. Hmm. Time to think a bit deeper perhaps.

Dave reminded me that every decision is a moral decision.

This simpleton has some helpful insights into our defence strategy.

Pondering all this is a good oportunity to think about where I actually stand on moral issues. Do I agree that war can be justified? Or are all sides equally guilty parties? Or should I say guilty jamborees?

Probably not.

(As in, I probably shouldn't say 'guilty jamborees' instead of 'guilty parties', not that war can probably not be justified or that all sides are probably not guilty parties or jamborees depending on what I decide I should probably not say.)

If you read this far, congratulations, you deserve a bon-bon.

No comments: