Monday, 23 November 2009

Adrian Holloway on Evolution

As I recently admitted, I love video games but they can be a big time-waster. So I discovered this great tactic - downloading talks from the net and listening to them while I play games on my PC. As you don't need to use your brain to play games, you can focus on listening to the talk. Genius!

So, I've just finished playing Worms World Party whilst listening to a talk from Adrian Holloway on evolution, which is available for download here. He gave the talk at Newday last summer, so it is aimed towards 11-18 year olds, and it's not very technical.

It is convincing, however. Adrian presents a clear and persuasive argument as to why macro-evolution is not a fact, indeed far from it. I haven't made up my mind about evolution, I think I should read more books before I do, but it's hard to find truly unbiased scientific material that laymen can understand. As Adrian points out, many Darwinian arguments are formed because of a prior need to push God out of the picture, rather than examination of evidence.

If I do any reading, I'll blog about it so you can see how my opinion changes.

At the moment I guess I'm undecided, leaning towards old earth creationism.

No comments: