Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Windfarms

Found a group on Facebook called "Put a windfarm in my backyard if you like, because I'm not an idiot." Now, I don't agree with calling people idiots for being concerned about the view from their bungalow, but if one must be concerned about something, I would consider the future of the planet to be a slightly better option.

Here's a quote from the group's description: "It's proven that global warming is happening, the icecaps are melting and sea levels are rising, so why are people opposed to buidling something which (at a very small personal cost) can help to essentially save life as we know it? Then there are arguements that "oh but the blades kill birds!" You know what else kills birds? The complete destruction of their environment because you want to watch coronation street in every room of your house and have the heating on full-blast 365 days a year without the views being slightly altered."

Call me a weirdo, but I actually think wind turbines look cool.

If you want to join the group click here.

If, on the other hand, you hate windfarms and want to see them all destroyed you might enjoy this video...



No comments: