Saturday, 24 January 2009

The Pope is on YouTube

So, I noticed on the news yesterday that the Pope has set up his own channel on YouTube, so I had a brief look. It seems that The Vatican are really moving with the times now, they've uploaded twelve videos already but I only watched one. You can witness such delights as "Benedict XVI blesses lambs for the feast S. Agnes" among others. According to the channel, "This video-news presents the Catholic Churchs position regarding the principal issues of the world today."

I didn't realise that the blessing of lambs for the feast St. Agnes was a principal issue in the world today.

To be honest, I'm just waiting for something controversial to come out of it, like "secret videos of Benedict XVI doing the macarena leaked onto internet." Currently, I'm finding all the roman numerals a bit of a turn off.

No comments: