Wednesday, 3 December 2008

The true meaning of Christmas

In September I was made aware of a competition being run by Ecclesiastical Insurance Inc. to make a one-minute film on the theme of "the true meaning of Christmas". As I enjoy film making, and the top prize was a tantalizing £3000 for your local church, I decided to enter, with some help from my youth group. My entry can be found here on the competition's website.

Despite my efforts, "Christmas is a bit like a monkey" was not selected as one of the ten finalists (out of a total of 97 films). Fair enough, I thought, as there were plenty of other quality entries. One of my particular favourites was brilliant. However, having watched all the high rankers I couldn't help but wonder on what criteria they were judged. One was just a slideshow set to music.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I guess it was still worth it. I enjoyed creating our entry, and watching some of the others was a delight. I recommend you crank up your speakers and feast your ears on this.

No comments: